Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
ARGGGGGGGGGH

I HATE vague problems.

Slightly sluggish. I feel like the E-brake is on ( its not )
When I let off the gas at any given speed RPM's get a bit irratic. ( high then low, with no rythem or ryme or reason )
At idle RPM's are very smooth. Other wise the truck just doesnt feel right. ( vague I know I am sorry ) Noticably less pep.

Deductive reasoning tells me something with the tranny.
Shifts fine.

Plugs, wires, less than 40k tranny fluid very red, full less than 40k.
No codes, tranny temp pleanty well cool.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stuck Caliper? The wife's Infiniti QX4 did this, just didn't "feel" right then the grinding started (that's when she told me it had been driving funny for a while). The rear of the pad was dragging on the rotor slowly grinding away itself and the rotor, the squeeler was on the front of the pad which was fine. I have never experienced a pad sticking like that, and I think it is doing it again. I'll know next weekend when I do a breakjob.

Hopefully this is your problem, not the tranny. I shudder everytime my O/D light starts to flash (2nd gear out of sync). A shut down and restart clears the active code and everything works fine for a day or two, until it does it again. One day it won't correct itself and then I'll get a rebuild done to it. Until then I just take it easy on the Ex.

David

^^^yeah--what I was thinking.
You might also check the e-brake shoes?

Is there a chance of water in the diffy? Are you sure the breather tubes are connected?

well, I got a fresh tank of gas yesterday and realised the cap was loose, yet the check cap light never came on. Runs MUCH better.
Either way I'll check the rear pads just for GP.

Next to zero chance of water in the diffy.
I'll drive into opposing traffic to avoid a water puddle :p

well, I got a fresh tank of gas yesterday and realised the cap was loose, yet the check cap light never came on. Runs MUCH better.
Either way I'll check the rear pads just for GP.

Next to zero chance of water in the diffy.
I'll drive into opposing traffic to avoid a water puddle :p

There might be some mud in there from this..
attachment.php

:D :mattmoon:

shut up Ben

Back