pics of everyones system | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pics of everyones system

If you are running your amp and it is always clipping the output you will end up burning out the voice coil and /or the outputs in the amp. If you are talking about the cheap import amps you are right most are overrated by alot. They rate them by the Lighting factor. Yeh that $200 1000 watt amp with the 20 amp fuse will put out 1000 watts when lighting strick it.
But I work for a dealer that is authorized for Alpine, MTX, XTANT,Rockford, Kenwood, Kenwood Excelon, Sony, Sony Mobile ES, MB Quart, Infinity, CLarion,Clarion PRO Audio, Kicker and a few more. All of these manufactures all under rate the output of there amps. I guess it is just what you are used to working with that makes a differance.

yea i know what your talking about... im running a crossfire.. and its definatly under rated...because i measured it and its putting out over 400 watts...and its a 70x4 amp...

ok here's the best example of what will happen when you put more power in an sub then needed

posted by exploreraudio an couple of weeks ago :

It's all true! I once ran eight 12" Phoenix Gold subs in my CRX, but still competed in the 1-199 watt power class....hit 145dB (but that was back in the day, when that number was somewhat impressive :) ). When it came time to run the outlaw event, some kid with two 10" subs and a 1000-watt (real watt...not pyramid watt) amp beat me by .5 dB. Dammit

it's like i said before, overpower will cause the voice coil to react twice as furious then when you just give the woofer the power that it needs....because it will react faster and more furious the sound wave will be much stronger and harder....how faster you can move air in an space the stronger the sound wave will be...

it's like when you slowly put your hand on your ear you have almost to no pressure but you move the air on the other handif you hit someone on the ear fast enough it will creatre an pressure strong enough to break his eardrum.... and you have moved exactly the same ammount of air....

Therw were probably some factors as to why people were beating you. You might have had some cancellation problem. The other guys might have tuned there system to the resonant frequency of there car.
I have a installer here that we are working on his car for DB draging. We started with 2 15" solos and we maxed out at a 150 burp and no matter how much extra power we put to them thats the max we could get. We will be adding a few more along with a fw more ZR1000s. He wants to go 160 - 165.

Back