Positive battery cable to starter question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Positive battery cable to starter question

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
Replacing positive battery cable, and where it runs underneath the oil pan, the cable is held by a metal thing that attaches to the oil pan. I don't want to unscrew it because of the oil. If I take off the original cable from the starter, will the cable just slide thru so I can get it out and slide the new one back thru? Thanks.

You don't need to un screw the metal sleve. What I did was just un do the end that conects to the starter an started pulling. I will worn it is a Royal P.I.A. to replace the cable. It will take a while to get it all done.

Originally posted by Joe93
I will worn it is a Royal P.I.A. to replace the cable. It will take a while to get it all done.
You're telling me! I started at 11:00 last night and got done at 3:00 am. I took my time and had to start over because I started at the starter motor and didn't feed the battery terminal up to the battery because I couldn't get it through there. So I fed the wire down and back to the starter to make my life easier. The hardest part was getting the bolts tightened on the starter motor. Thanks though for your help.

Back