Possibly totaled the sport trac Thursday(pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possibly totaled the sport trac Thursday(pics)

Switching lanes on a one way street, looking over my shoulder to check my blind spots and the delivery truck in front of me hit his brakes because in his own words, "the parked car up ahead looked like it was going to pull out in front of me." When I looked back around there he was, and I desperately tried to get out of the way and SMACK! Both airbags, dashboard, hood, bumper, mirrors, windshield, drivers window, etc. Was only moving about 10-15 MPH Keeping my distance, but it was like hitting a wall. And because I hit him, I got a ticket. Pretty sure they are going to total it. I'm bummed but, I'm OK and it's only a vehicle.

Attachments

• 0113011516.jpg
    0113011516.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1,617
  • 0113011517.jpg
    0113011517.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,616
  • CIMG2336.jpg
    CIMG2336.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,544
  • CIMG2337.jpg
    CIMG2337.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,664

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More

Attachments

• CIMG2341.jpg
    CIMG2341.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,511
  • CIMG2340.jpg
    CIMG2340.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,510
  • CIMG2339.jpg
    CIMG2339.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,498
  • CIMG2338.jpg
    CIMG2338.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,513

more

Attachments

• CIMG2342.jpg
    CIMG2342.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,534
  • CIMG2343.jpg
    CIMG2343.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,526

Uggh

Awwww Man! Not good, I hate that driving can be a game of inches, just another 1/2 second and you would have missed that dang corner I'm thinking. Looks like your truck was in good shape but the insurance company will do the math and it won't go your way.

ummmmm indelicate question.:D My 2001 needs a center hubcap and the one I bought off of e-bay (advertised for Explorer Sport--NOT :mad:) is not a match. If maybe they total your truck and one center cap falls off you let me know and how much you want for it? PM me.

I'll let you know for sure about that hubcap. I'm just hoping insurance won't rake me.

Sorry to see your misfortune there buddy. It seems everyone and their uncle is getting those small convex mirrors to help with blind spots these days. Might be something to help you on the next one. They should come standard like they do on commercial vehicles instead of some fancy, error prone, blind spot sensor system.

Sorry to see your misfortune there buddy. It seems everyone and their uncle is getting those small convex mirrors to help with blind spots these days. Might be something to help you on the next one. They should come standard like they do on commercial vehicles instead of some fancy, error prone, blind spot sensor system.

x2.

Sorry about the Ex, glad you came out okay.

MAN the edge on that truck looks sharp! I couldn't imagine what would have happened if you were going say 35-45mph, yikes!

Very glad to hear your alright!

No doubt- that could have been a lot worse for you!

By the looks of the door, I'd think they're going to total it- but you never know...

sorry bout the x and glad that your ok though

From the looks of that hit, you made out very lucky. Any faster and you wouldn't of had a head. Glad to see you made it out of that one. Seen way to maybe people go under a truck and never come out.

Glad your OK. Had you been driving something smaller like a car, the hood wouldn't have even been hit. The 1st thing to hit that bumper would have been the windshield, followed by you...
Hopefully your insurance gives you a fair price. I think its a lost cause.

Brutal friggin hit. You're lucky that didn't slice you like a knife through butter. :eek: Glad you're ok, dude.

I am Fine. I saw the truck, turned the wheel and DUCKED! The police asked If I had it lifted which I do and they said that probably saved my life. Any lower and any faster speed, I would have been a goner. Any plans if they total it? No. I don't have a clue yet. Meantime, I take the bus to work. I feel "green" now.

They totaled it. After insurance pays my vehicle off, I'll get about $2000 back, and I'm not looking to get back into payments. I found a 1999 EB explorer with the 5.0 and It looks like I'll be purchasing that. New thread with pics is sure to follow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They totaled it. After insurance pays my vehicle off, I'll get about $2000 back, and I'm not looking to get back into payments. I found a 1999 EB explorer with the 5.0 and It looks like I'll be purchasing that. New thread with pics is sure to follow.

Just because "they" totaled it, doesn't mean it IS totaled. $2000 would go along way towards fixing it. It appears very doable. Do all the "grunt" work yourself by stripping all the broken stuff off, bring it to a body shop just to straighten out the pillar, shop around for the correct color parts from a junkyard (or an actually totaled parts truck- rear hit?), bolt them on yourself and go.

Back