• Register Today It's free!

Power Window Diagram

petefisher78

Reaction score
City, State
Holly Springs, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
I was hoping someone could help me. It seems on my 02 that the peice that they power window cable connects to the window regulator is broken. The steel cable is hanging in there loose and I found some broken plastic peices @ the bottom of the door. Does anyone have a diagram of the assembly of the window for the driver's side rear door? I need to get the window out so I can replace the broken peice. This is not an electrical problem b/c the motor is fine. I am talking about the steel cable the pulls the window up or down. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same issue with my 02 Explorer... Did you find any help with this? I just found out today, doing my initial research now...

Hey SLEB can you email me the front passenger door diagrams justinyoungone at yahoo dot com 2002 xlt

The regulator is behind the metal trim. Do I need to remove the metal trim to get to it? all instructions doesn't mention that.

The regulator is behind the metal trim. Do I need to remove the metal trim to get to it? all instructions doesn't mention that.

Nope, you gotta work through the openings in the metalwork just like the guys in the factory did.

I wish i saw this a month ago my regulator broke on the front driver side and the dealership charged me $400 to fix it and $197 was for the regulator which i saw on the internet for 80 bucks two days after I was pissed. Nice post on the break down of the window

Does anyone have a diagram of what cable should look like for a rear power window- mine looks like it is all criss-crossed and the motor makes a noise but window does not move.

I used a Haynes manual and picked up an aftermarket regulator at advance auto for $110. Once the cables are detached/twisted it really isn't worth trying to repair. Better off replacing the whole unit. The trickiest part is drilling out the rivets that hold the window into the track. After you get the glass out and the new regulator in just replace the rivets with nut and bolt w/lockwashers

I could really use a copy of the pdf if anyone has it as well.

MSabs

Ford 6L2Z-7827000-BA Regulator

You can do this in less than an hour. Once you put your hands on the replacement part its not as bad as it looks, with all the cables hanging down and you are thinking how does this work? It is not that bad.... It is a simple bolt in...no tricks or double joints needed :) It is just like Geoff C said (the hardest part is drilling out the rivit that attaches to the glass frame). Also if you get the Ford part there is a $30.00 core charge. List is 167.27,garage price is $129.88. You don't need the PDF. When you are finished you will say "that was not so bad" It just looks that way with all the broken parts in the bottom of the door.

Daniel

Had the same problem with my 2002 limited (broken plastic block). A good friend of mine milled a new & stronger one for me out of a block of plastic. Good luck with yours.

Diagram of window rivets

Where are the rivets/screws that need to be removed to get the window out? It looks like they are right below the window on each side, but mine look like they are screwed in from the back side and I cant feel a bolt head to unscrew it with. I'm not sure if that is the correct screw to remove or if there is a different screw/rivet where it attaches to the tracks.
If someone has a diagram they can post or email me that shows the location that would be fantastic.
Thanks

Second time the pictures are lost in the thread. :-( No Good!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2002 XLT master window switch? The switch doesnt seem to affect the operation of the rear windows. Driver's side rear works regardless of switch position, and passenger's side rear doesn't regardless of switch position. I'm thinking of just bypassing the switch and keeping power to rear windows all the time as I don't need the lockout feature. Diagrams, ideas?

Back