Power Window Problem. Need Help Please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Window Problem. Need Help Please

THEUSC1

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '98
I have a 98 EB Explorer. All of my power windows quit at the same time, including the moon roof. Before they quit working the power lumbar on the drivers side seat did not work. After the windows quit the power lumbar started working. I do not see what the 2 have in common and do not think that they do. I have checked every fuse in the truck, even the ones under the hood. I bought a Hayes repair manual to get the wiring diagram. I think my problem is one of two relays that they show in the diagram. The only problem is I have no idea where they are. The diagram does not share that info with you. If anyone knows were they are please let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Similiar Window Trouble-HELP!

My 98 EB windows (all 4) stopped working intermittently. If I slammed the drivers door they would work for a while.

Now they don't work at all!

I have tried a new window relay and tested the switches and motor, all are good. BTW my moonroof works (hard to use the ATM through it)!

I suspect a wire but wondered if anyone had a diagram or idea where to start.

Do they not work from all switches, or just the driver's door?

the wiring on Explorers is obviously JUNK. I'm having a problem where my dome light comes on and my doors unlock by themselves. What a POS this thing is...

No Power Window Switch Works

Tried them all, not one of them works up or down and windows are stuck in the up position.

I never had trouble trying to close windows, just opening.

Could be a bad GEM. Have you noticed any other electrical gremlins?? That was your problem, wasn't it Dondiesel?

Found It

I noted in another post that I found the trouble. It was a bad wire in the driver door jamb.

Back