• Register Today It's free!

power window problems

fordrocker

Reaction score
City, State
Thomasville North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XL sport
can anyone tell me how to rebuild a power window motor..mine wont roll up and it is winter so it sucks...plus my heater doesn't blow and my a/c doesn't blow is there any way anyone can tell me how to take out the blower motor so i can fix the problem....thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your window motor will have to be changed, Rebuild it? Its pretty inclosed I don't think you can rebuild it. You could remove the door panel, use WD-40 and lube all the hinges , motor & rollers that should free up everything you may have to push up on the window a bit. that should fix it for a bit or at least get it up until you can fix it in the warmer weather.

Heater & A/C doesn't blow? Open passanger door or passanger window & hood, with truck running and the a/c on hit the blower motor(located right side firewall with a hammer & feel for blowing air on your passanger vent, if it comes on then its your blower motor. Its actually an easy fix...

Is your air is getting blown to the DeFrost mode? If all air is getting deverted to the defroster then its the sensor(the get old and rust up, there kind of like a spring filiment) by the blower motor once again an easy fix one or both would take you 20-30 minutes...

Alto said:
Your window motor will have to be changed, Rebuild it? Its pretty inclosed I don't think you can rebuild it. You could remove the door panel, use WD-40 and lube all the hinges , motor & rollers that should free up everything you may have to push up on the window a bit. that should fix it for a bit or at least get it up until you can fix it in the warmer weather.

Heater & A/C doesn't blow? Open passanger door or passanger window & hood, with truck running and the a/c on hit the blower motor(located right side firewall with a hammer & feel for blowing air on your passanger vent, if it comes on then its your blower motor. Its actually an easy fix...

Is your air is getting blown to the DeFrost mode? If all air is getting deverted to the defroster then its the sensor(the get old and rust up, there kind of like a spring filiment) by the blower motor once again an easy fix one or both would take you 20-30 minutes...

allright i will fix the window tomorrow...and as for the heater/ac it doesn;t blow at all anymore it used to blow every once in a while but now nothing at all...this car has been threw hell ha ha anyways yea is it easy to take out the blower motor? i don;t wanna start on it and mess something up

For the window, the junk yards and EBAY are full of replacements. Regarding the blower, make sure you have power to it before you replace it.

On the window motor It's usually the little plastic or nylon like rollers that wear out. take it apart right where the the gear is coming out and there should be three little rollers sitting inside.they get wore down and move around where they should'nt and get bound up causing the motor to hang up.If you can't find some replacements,find some stock of the right diameter and cut to length. I've used bolts, pins, etc.In cold weather I've even used hot glue sticks of the right diameter and cut to the right length but in the hot summer they sometimes get too soft to work.More than half the time this is usually what's wrong instead of the motor itself, if it's not the switch or the plug.

Alto said:

i tryed the wd-40 thing and i could not get it to budge at all....and whene i press the button to roll it up i just here one clicking noise and that is it....:-( i hate power windows

Wd40? NO
ok WD 40 is a bad idea on the wondow tracks. Its verry temporary. THat would be like lubeing your wheelbearings with wd 40, There is a reason the track is greased just like there is a reason wheelbearings are. Greese will stay around a whole lot longer. clean the tracks well and give them a nice thin coat of greese.

It sounds like your window motor is in a bind.Sometimes you can get lucky and just take the motor loose then tighten it back down.If you've never had your motor out before you will have to drill out the 3 bolt holes for it,you will see little dimples where the holes need to be drilled.After you drill them out, take the top one about half way out then remove the other two bolts,carefull not to drop them down in the door.Reach in behind and pull the motor loose where it dangles from the top bolt then try your switch if the motor turns you can probably bolt it back up and be good to go.If it doesn't turn pull the motor on out and take the cap off the part that sticks out with the teeth on it. Then you will see the 3 rollers I talked about in my other post,take them out then plug your motor back in and see if it turns now, if so then you need to replace the little rollers. I always make mine but I'm too cheap to buy something I could make instead.Hope this helps I'm terrible at explaining things but it's really a simple fix I've done it many times. I have a F150 Lariet that sticks every time someone rolls the window down till it stops, I pull the motor loose then bolt it back up and it's just fine.I try to stop the window when it's even with the door instead of going all the way down.

Back