Power window question

sparksafly'n

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
GAS,Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer SAS!!
Never mind MCS worked also the swith in the door worked before motor fell out. So now I'm going to check the bushing in the motor and go from there!! I like it when I can figure stuff out on my own.I think!

Well when we picked up are truck from truck haven,the dr.rear window had Issues working. No problem Just unplugged it and all was fine. Well my dr. front window stopped working. Can't have that!! Lucky me I have 4 parts doors!!!:thumbsup:.

So I find the sticky on replacing the window great. Replace the front no problems.Yesturday I got around to the back window fixed it no problem, frist time in 2 yrs. it works!! A little slow at the top but good enough for the girls I go with.

So while I'm standing with pride showing Joshua how well the window works now. He rolls the rear pass. side window down. It wont go up??? WTH!!SOB!!!FPS!!!:mad:

So why not I've got everything out anyways change that motor out as well. I can't seem to get the motor out with the window down. The window makes it to tight to get the motor apart from the cable part. Needless to say I wasn't happy at all.

So there's no way to get the window up manually right??? Was I just fustered and didn't see something or what. I did a search and it seemed like others that had windows stuck down had no Issues replacing the motors??

I'm going to go look at it now and see what I can find. I can hear the swith clicking so I'm sure it's workinng. I haven't tried the MCS swith yet. The motor is losse from the door and stuck!! Just my LUCK!!

Have a great day!! I am.

My lucky day!!

Alls well with my windows so far. Not sure why the pass.side stuck?? But I went ahead and added some greese to the rail it slides on, Seemed to help.

I still have the main question to all this madness!!

Can the motor be taken out with the window all the way down??? On any door???:dunno::dunno::mattmoon:LOL!!

Going for a ride with the windows down!

it is usually easier to remove/replace the motors with the Windows up

Back