Pre-Moab Rig Fixing Get-Together! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pre-Moab Rig Fixing Get-Together!

Option 2 is to do it at my house and then take a 5 mile trip down the road to Walker Valley for a trail test.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Went on a little camping trip to Sequim last weekend to get some towing miles on this oil change. Still need a thousand more to make the sample viable.

I did notice on the hills when running the 93 tune, one cylinder sounds a little different but the oil stilll looks clean and the overflow bottle is at the same level. I also noticed a rattle around the muffler area

For this little party, I think a good 'once over' will do for now. Change thermostat, check plugs, check suspension bolts etc.

Oh yeah, EAT AND DRINK. ;)

Joe, if you don't mind leaving the tranny in a corner for a while, I appreciate it. Not much room here for it. I need a bigger shed but if I do that, no Moab :rolleyes:

I am in no hurry to move it, it is fine where it is at till you need or want it

The wife and I have the day off also...

I have a 120v MIG welder, Sawzall, grinder....whatever we are planning on building, I would like to help...does anyone have a Tube Bender?

Ryan

Ryan -

No luck on the tube bender, but bring your stuff, I'm sure we'll find a use for it. . .

Any one else need some rig work?

Paul
'91 Sport

We need an adress so I can plug it into my gps and others can use google maps :)

We need an adress so I can plug it into my gps and others can use google maps :)

The Man Cave is a secret location. If he tells you, he'll have to ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, He already wiped my memory clean :cool:

Looks like just you and me with rigs needin work, Paul. Rick is going to Virtue Flats in Eastern Oregon that weekend.

I wonder if anyone has heard from Arsoul?

Talked to Ken. He will be coming Saturday as well to lend a hand.

DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE CRACK.

random question. didnt feel like starting a new thread.

wheres a good place to buy 4.88 gears from?

im going to put 4.88s in the stock open front carrier. with an ARB locker in the rear with 4.88's.

anyone deal with anywhere on a normal basis thats good?

Should I bring the hydraulic tube bender?
How many sticks of 1x2 and 2x2 should I bring? The sticks are 6-7 feet in length.
Torque wrench?
Metal cutting chop saw?
Band Saw?
Vise mounted in a concrete filled steel wheel?
Big Bertha 3/4" drill? (~the one that nearly took your head off kevin)
Specialty torque bits and other assorted specialty hand tools?
Above ground hoist? Wait, that wont fit in my truck.

What time is this work party starting and ending? There is a pool tournament that night at my folks place in the evening (and a fresh batch of beer that my brother is brewing).

If...and I do mean if, you all want to change the location to my dads 'garage', thats cool with me. The hoist comes in usefull, and all the tools that would be needed are already there.

If...and I do mean if, you all want to change the location to my dads 'garage', thats cool with me. The hoist comes in usefull, and all the tools that would be needed are already there.

Wow - - that's a hell of an offer, Ryan.

Although I don't mind hosting this shin-dig, I realize I probably have the least amount of "cool tools" for the tasks at hand. . . So if it makes sense to anyone/everyone else, I'd be willing to postpone a "Meet & Greet" at my place to a later time (combined with a Tahuya Run / Stolle's return from the Sand Box)...

Kevin, Phil, Ryan, your thoughts?

Paul

Ryan's dad's place is a lot better than loading up the air compressor, welder, plasma cutter, air tools on my side and also the stuff Ryan has offered. Ryan's dad's shop also has an indoor bay and a covered out door bay. Two trucks at once, oh yeah, and a frame post lift :thumbsup: But I am good either way.

anyone got spare drivers side 2nd gen hub? guy i left my truck with who drives it once a week to work said the driver's side hub gave out....again for the 2nd time LOL!

Since I'm on call this weekend, I'll try to get a few more things tested and general maintenance done.

At this point, there isn't much I was planning on doing on the 20th except drink, eat and BS.:thumbsup:

IF we go to Ryans Pa's place and the other Ryan shows up, he can make some sliders and we can do 2 sets, one for Rick who will be in Eastern Oregon. Should be pretty quick and simple to make a 1 bar slider to fit under the rocker and against the pinch weld.

How about Joe?? Is the Dodge fixed?

Chow. . .

Since at this point, there isn't much I was planning on doing on the 20th except drink, eat and BS.:thumbsup:

And not to totally volunteer Ryan's place, but I'd bring the stuff I was going to grill out here in Tacoma (burgers, dogs) plus chips, drinks and stuff. . .

Now Ryan is wondering what ever possessed him to type "if you all want to change the location to my dads 'garage', thats cool with me.":scratch:

Paul

I'd like to come up and meet everyone if that's okay.. I've got a few tools but nothing special.

We will go anywhere you guys will be at......just let me know....

I will bring my little 12v welder, it's perfect for getting things tacked together for a larger MIG/TIG to weld up.

Ryan

We will go anywhere you guys will be at......just let me know....

I will bring my little 12v welder, it's perfect for getting things tacked together for a larger MIG/TIG to weld up.

Ryan

If we do it at Ryan's dad's, you can bring it, but I bet it won't come out of the Explorer.

Did you ever figure out what was up with your Explorer last time out in Naches?

Yeah....the TERRIBLE forest service roads vibrated the Explorer so bad that it shook all of the adried oil/dirt/sludge crap off every 'dry' surface, and it fell into the oilpan. 100% blockage of the pick up tube. No oil in. No oil out.

TO THIS DAY...we are still suprised that we made it home with 0 oil pressure.

Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont' mind offering it up. I don't care where it happens, I've been MIA for so long, I just wanna hang out with you guys.
I just figure we could get a lot more done at my dads, with one vehicle on the hoist, and 2 more under cover all being worked on at the same time, plus one in the motorhome parking/paint booth. Whos rig is getting painted?

As far as welders, we've got one MIG for tacking and body work, one big puppy for heavy duty welding, and one TIG, although Ive not spent any time practicing on the TIG. Plus the torch set. Plus my mobile MIG. Plus some car batteries and coat hangers.

Plus duct tape.

And JB Weld.

Back