• Register Today It's free!

Prerunner bumper

jg09

Reaction score
City, State
Everson, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer Explorer
I'd like to fabricate a prerunner style front bumper for my truck. Technically, it is a 1991 model, but I'm running x2 fenders. Does anyone have a particularly attractive, functional bumper design on their truck? I've got a 6" flare on my fenders, but I doubt that it would really change the overall look of the truck compared to stock, 0" flare. Any help would be great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC_0538_resize.jpg

this truck is a 91 as well

Check out autofab.com for mounting ideas, they did some good work to my frame horns before I purchased this truck and also this bumper is tied in with 12 bolts and trust me it can take plenty of abuse.

Thanks! I think I like the design of the one on the 91-turned-95 like mine. I'll probably run a slightly modified version of it.

Hey danny,
how hard was the front end conversion? Do you just get fenders, hood, lights and grill? Do they mount right up or do you have to cut some stuff. Theres a guy on here, I think it was dre, that did the rear convo as well.

theres a company that makes a 99 front end swap (basically the same as any 2nd gen) for the 91-94s. alot of members have this conversion. if you were to get a clip from a yard or buy the oem parts seperately you would need a header panel deffinetly, not sure if it will mount to the first gen core support as it is different than the 2nd gens. fender rails should be the same, bumper mounts are different also. hope this helps.

Back