prerunner light bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

prerunner light bar

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are a couple available. Explorer Pro-Comp maxes one for the Ranger that can be modified to fit. They also make a universal one but I don't recomend it. I have one on my X and hated the way it mounted. I felt it was mounted too low and stuck too far out. I ended up making my own mounts. James Duff also makes a nice bar.

One thing I learned with mine is that no mater how strong the mounts are, the bumper still flexes alot. This is due to the fact that the bumper mounts are two piece. I fixed this by welding a strap that connects the two together making them solid and eliminating the flex.

mrboyle,

How do you modify the Ranger Prerunner bar to fit on the Explorer??? I have a 1995 Explorer.

Rob, I belive that mod will only work on the early (pre-95) Explorer. The problem you'd run into is that the Ranger bar as well as the universal bar are stright and won't match the curvature ofthe front bumper on the later X. Sorry. :(

I have a pre runner on my 91' . Its made by Fabtech and is the universal one they make.

If you want to see it. Check out the site...
http://shadeobox.mine.nu/hunter

Back