Primewell Valera HT- 31-10.50-15"s . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Primewell Valera HT- 31-10.50-15"s .

Now That I Work at Tires Plus Total Car Care , I can Get an Employee Discount on Tires , labor , parts etc , They have a Set Of the Primewell Valera HT 31-10.50-15"s in Stock , They Retail for around $99.99 each new , Thinking about going with them since there pretty good priced with a 50K Mile Warranty and with my Employee Discount , I can get the price to where its very well worth it , Anybody have there own experience with these tires before ?. :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good review here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347071

If you look at 265-75-15, you could get Firestone Destination LE2. I run that tire in stock size on my Explorer. Overall, it's a great all-season tire. Was not disappointed when I went to these after Michelin LTX M/S.

DO NOT buy primewell. Get treadwrights if you're strapped for cash.

Good review here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347071

If you look at 265-75-15, you could get Firestone Destination LE2. I run that tire in stock size on my Explorer. Overall, it's a great all-season tire. Was not disappointed when I went to these after Michelin LTX M/S.

I would , But I don't Plan to Keep this as a DD for Too long , The Primewell are a short term option and will probably sell them after I Get another DD and park the Navajo for repairs .

Nobody does lol buy them from treadwrights and mount balance at your work. I'm very happy with my guard dogs

Nobody does lol buy them from treadwrights and mount balance at your work. I'm very happy with my guard dogs

I'd prefer not to do that , only because they have the primewell in stock at the store I work at , and can get a Good % off them , the alignment will be like $20 cost to me , I'm buying alignment shims since my store does not keep them in stock .

I'd prefer not to do that , only because they have the primewell in stock at the store I work at , and can get a Good % off them , the alignment will be like $20 cost to me , I'm buying alignment shims since my store does not keep them in stock .

I'm just telling you, prime wells are a BAD idea. Tires aren't something you should cheap out on. It's the only thing connecting your truck to the road
In stock means nothing. I live in Georgia and got my tires in like 2 or 3 days.

I'm just telling you, prime wells are a BAD idea. Tires aren't something you should cheap out on. It's the only thing connecting your truck to the road
In stock means nothing. I live in Georgia and got my tires in like 2 or 3 days.

I understand where your coming from , I am driving 40 miles a day when I work and need something that is smaller for fuel mileage , and something with a good warranty and cheap , I wouldn't be driving on them for an extended period and would probably sell them within a few months

There's plenty of cheap options other than primewell. You could go with used tires, or do some searching on google to find no name tires made by a reputable brand. I think cooper makes tires for a couple off brands.
But seriously primewell is junk. My mom put them on her car despite my warnings. They lasted not even a year, noisey, didn't balance well, just crap

I know that there is more/better options , but for the few months I plan to use them and then sell them , they seem like the best option for my budget , I haven't bought new tires in years , since 08 in fact , So I know I can get used tires , but the fact is , used tires do not have a warranty and its hard to find a set of 6+ 32'ds tread on any used tire , there normally being sold because they are at the end of there life and people have bought new , that being said , the price I will be paying and the time they will be used seems like the best option so far , unless I can get a set of other brands in the same size brought to the Store I work at , I will probably go with the Primewell .

I put a set of Primewells on my wife's Aerostar 3 years ago - obviously not the same size/style as you're considering. The van sat for a year due to bad head gaskets, but the tires have 2 years of use on them. Lots of short trips, 10-15 miles tops, for the most part. Very few actual highway trips out of town. The tires are holding up fine. They don't do well in the snow, but then they're on an Aerostar, and again, not the same tire you're considering.

Primewells suck. I am a tech at firestone and we stock them, get tons of complainants about road noise, traction and over all performance. Your better off waiting for the deals next month and getting the destinations or revo 2.

I hear it all the time that there loud , don't wear good and etc , it was an option I was considering , but now that I talked to another coworker , he has the Dueler AT Revo2 on his jeep and he has over 30K miles on them and they have over 6/32"s of tread remaining , Which is pretty darn good , So I may be considering the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo2 , just all depends on the price I can get them for really

How about Firestone Destination A/T? They are about $33 cheaper per tire at my local Firestone than the Revo2.

^ while lots of people have good luck with those my dad didn't. Wore out very fast

How about Firestone Destination A/T? They are about $33 cheaper per tire at my local Firestone than the Revo2.

I didn't Price those , never had a set of Firestone tires to be honest , Just looking for a decent tire I can use for DD use for a few months , then they will probably get sold after I buy a coworkers honda civic

Well, you are just going to use them for a few months, so get whatever is cheapest. You're basically using them for rollers.

I would think it will be easier to sell them with the lower price :dunno: right?

Working for Bridgestone you should be able to get the employee pricing. Most of February and March they have deals on the destinations. Talk to your manager for info or I can fax it to your store.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do get the employee discount , but not sure If I will even buy tires right now to be honest , I think I'm just going to save what I can and put towards a small 4 cyl to drive back and forth to work so I can park the Navajo and fix it when I get time and will be able to do what Is needed , fuel float ,motor mounts , replace the transmission with a working OD unit lol , It needs its fair share of attention after being beat on for years , then trying to use it as a daily driver on a budget lol .

Back