project: what the H am I doing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

project: what the H am I doing

so, thanks to the floods in CA and Randy's sending me the wrong parts I've decided to take both axles off my truck and clean some stuff up.

Here is what I've done/am going to do.

Rear-
got the leaves rearched and a leaf added to bring up the rear to match front and clear the 37s a little better
moving the shocks to sway bar mounts for more travel
painting rear axle as well as cleaned up the frame and painted that

front-
completely took off axle, cutting down extra stuff hanging down from coil buckets
took off crossmember and building it with thicker steel, working on bigger mounts for radius arms (these haven't failed yet but I'm in prevention mode)
mounting shock resivoirs on the side of shock tower opposed to on the shock itself
clean up frame and paint that as well.

this is what happens when your truck is starting to get stripped down and you get bored waiting for parts.

Attachments

• Picture015.jpg
    Picture015.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 331

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a sad picture! :(

So what parts are you waiting for, rear gears? And what do the CA floods have to do with all this? :confused:

hahahaha you are telling me! I am kinda "stuck" on ,my conversion, I have started on the wiring but until I can get the AA adapter I cant install the transmission, so yesterday I prepped and painted both frame rails from the bumper back....luckily it was warm enough for it to stick!
hahaha

getting ready for the 4x4 season in Spring.......

my UPS order was 4 days late, blamed on the rain according to them, then the wrong parts got here. My EZ locker was toast, I was going to install a Detroit back there, but since I just dumped all the money on installing the gears and have to do it again with a detroit I'd be in that about $800 so I ordered a mini spool to try out (why not it's $95 bucks) and when i break that I'll be happier to install a detroit(although I'll probably have broken gears if that mini spool breaks)

Well, you can come out to T-haven for TDS the first weekend in March! :D

mini should work fine. but save your money for tires.

Back