Quad Seating - '03 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quad Seating - '03 Explorer

sunishmittal

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT Sport V8
Hi Everybody,
I have an '03 Explorer with 3rd row seats. We use the 3rd row seats pretty regularly making me want to remove the middle seat in the 2nd row so that the kids can move easily in and out of the 3rd row.
The middle row has three separate seats making it feasible to remove the middle one. I wanted to find out if anybody had done something simillar.
My question is whether I need to access the bolts from under the car or is this do-able from the cabin side.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunish

I've seen the captain chairs in an Expedition, but never an explorer. Let us know how it goes. I might try and do the same.

All of the bolts are on the cabin side. No need to get under the vehicle at all.

I don't have a third row, but I plan on ditching the 60/40 rear seat and doing buckets like the ones up front. I also plan on moving them back about 9 inches and adding a custom center console. It looks like all that I'll need is a few one-off brackets, and I'll have to saw off a couple of bolts that stick up from the floor. No going back after that, lol!

Back