• Register Today It's free!

Question on airbags

mr.berleme

Reaction score
City, State
Hawaii
Year, Model & Trim Level
Question on suspension/lowering

I was wondering what the genral thought on airbags for this car explorers are? My friend is selling me his 03 explorer, it has 22' rims on it but its still on stock springs. And if not air bags what would be the best sutup to drom this beast? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan on baggin mine it is a 99, I don't know if it is the same. On mine it is going to require some major surgery in the front to get it to lay out. The crossmember hangs about 5.75" lower than anything else so it's going to take some frame work to get it down. The back will depend a lot on how much you are willing to give up and how low you want to go.

I jsut want to be able to put it all the way down when I park and raise it up to drive off. I really dont know much about this stuff but I do know what I want. What do you think a ball park price would be on a good set up? either bags or springs??
alo

I don't know how the front suspension is on the 02-05 but I do now they don't make much if anything to bag them. It pretty much has to be custom built.'

I think.

If I was to with just a regular 2 or 3 inch drop where would be the best place to get the suspension abd what kind would be the best??? I dont like wee gap at all. All ur help would be appreciated
alo

Back