• Register Today It's free!

Leaf springs with airbags.

halfalive

Reaction score
City, State
hidden valley lake, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ranger xlt
:usa:im new at this what i want to know is anything about the suspension regarding leaf springs and airbags. I am a carpenter and i have outfitted my ranger to serve my needs as well as possible. last month i installed air bags and i now discovered my leaf springs are broken. my mechanic sez it is due to years of overloading my truck. what i want to know is should i get springs that will handle a bigger load or should i just go with stock set and let the airbags handle the rest.

just throw a four-door explorer pack (4 leaf) on it and run with it! That should get you all you need. You may not even need the airbags at that point.

...I have a similar set up but with a shell and haul a lot of tools with my Ranger...

...Gabriel makes a coilover for loads to replace your rear shocks at about $79 a pair which I ran for a while...I also off road my truck and found the coilovers a little to stiff so I wound up going with AAL's (add a leafs) added to the stock springs...

...After a couple years of hauling tools all week and offroading pretty regular, my AAL's and leafs have flattened, but for 2 years, this has been the perfect setup for me...

...I plan on doing a mixture of another used good set of Ranger springs, Explorer springs, and AAL's to test them out...

Back