Question on installing speakers in the doors of my '05 Explorer.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on installing speakers in the doors of my '05 Explorer....

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
Does the entire door panel have to come off or just the square mesh panel over the speaker itself? It seems as if there is a removable panel over the speaker or this could just be creative molding on the part of Ford! How are the panels removed?

TIA

Scott

The whole panel has to come off, I'm sure if you search there are threads about door panel removal but basically you remove some screws at the door handle and some others and then just pretty much yank it off.

Watch out! one of my speakers is blown. I went to remove the pael and only found one screw on the bottom. I could not figure why it was so hard to get off. When I "pulled" it off, I saw that the you actually need to lift up a couple inches and then it comes off. It is not like the old panels that just pull off. You can see it is more of a hook design.
Jared G.

Very true sorry I didn't mention that, it does hook over the window ledge, so undo all the snap things and then lift about an inch upward and it should come off.

Back