Question on tire size, and on tire selection... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Question on tire size, and on tire selection...

Hello...

I have a '95 Limited that i replaced the rims on it with '03 limited rims. As some of you might know the offset of these rims is a lot different than those of the stock rims. I currently have spacers on the vehicle and while 99% effective i get some rubbing on tire when under inflated (the tire that is).

I think the stock tire size was 235/75/R15. Currently they are 245/70/R16. I am in need of new tires and am wondering if getting possibly a narrower tire would solve my rubbing problem? Im not really sure what the numbres all mean so i will not attempt to say what a narrower tire size would be.

Anyways now brings us to what tire to get. Since its a limited it never goes off road. And since i live in Michigan it had to deal with snow/ice/rain. Im looking for a good highway tire for this beast. I am currently look at these:

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...&rf=true&rcz=48840&cs=245&rd=16&ar=70&ct=null

They are Goodyear Fortera TripleTred. They look pretty sweet if you ask me. Now remember they will not be for offroading at all, just snow.

Or do you guys think i should go for a more "all terrain" tire?

Thanks for the help!

Back