• Register Today It's free!

Quick fix for wind noise

HCCA 250

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
This might border on the audio section, but if you want to decrease perceived wind noise, there is a quick fix, I found a couple years ago. I was damping my vehicle with Second Skin audio's Damplifier Pro. I also had a few of their other products. But, I sarted with the driver's doors, it made a difference, but...only when a loud vehicle is right beside you on the highway. That was great for semis running right next to you at 65 mph.

But, then I tried something that really blew me away. You first, need to get the spray applicator from SS Audio, and their Spectrum spray dampener. I used a 16" piece of plastic tubing to get the spray, as far into the hood latch area as I could. You will need to remove the hood latch from the hood for easier access. Then inserting the tube into the hood latch area, spray the coating, first on the left side, then the right. One coat at a time. It should take three coats for best results. You will need about 30 minutes for drying time for the first coat. Two hours for the second, and 4 hours for the third coat. Best result will be after 24 hours. Percieved wind noise, at highway speeds will be greatly diminished. Of all that I did, I could not believe the difference, in treating such a small area!

Back