radio noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

radio noise

d16ffy

Reaction score
City, State
stirling scotland great britain
Year, Model & Trim Level
hi all wondering if you can help 7000 rds audio,i am getting engine interference noises through speakers, if i put car in park and rev the engine the buzzing noise? follows the revs any ideas?

thanks davy:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hi there, are you running amps or just the factory head unit?

noise

hi there
factory audio set up ,noise has been there since i bought it thought it was time i tried to sort it lol

thanks davy:cool:

NOt usual for the 7000, wuth the exception of the display issues that are common- I wonder if your plug leads are original equipment or aftermarket cheepo replacements..they can cause noise to be picked up- its probably always there even in drive- cept the engine is drowning it out!
You can get noise supressor packs to wack inline on the pluss side of the feed mate- I would wack one in on the neg side also and ground it further too! Also check the earth straps- there are several I am sure and some may be wrotten with corrosion and rust- clean up the contact points to start with as a no price begining and go from there mate!
Best of luck!
H

thanks for that start tomorrow
can you tell me the correct offset for aftermarket wheels on an 18" rim i have been offered wolfrace sharks with a30 offset ? would these fit okay
thanks again davy

Back