Radio, power windows, and the sunroof are not working. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio, power windows, and the sunroof are not working.

Frank Vargas

Reaction score
City, State
Avondale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorere XLT
On my 2003 Ford Explorer XLT all of a sudden my radio won't turn on, my power windows and sun roof won't open, and my cabin lights won't turn on. Is there possibly one single fuse or relay that controls all these functions? Any ideas what to look for and/or how to find the correct blown fuse or relay. I already looked at the fuse box diagrams in the owners manual and don't really understand it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 2002-2005 section.The owner's manual will list the function of each fuse. Take a look at the manual, and see if all three items are on the same line. If they are, it will say a current rating of the fuse along with the number to locate it in the fuse block.

Welcome aboard Frank!! :salute:

I would check all the fuses in the fuse panel under the driver side dash and all the fuses in the power distribution box under the hood behind the battery.

I will check my shop manuals and post up any pertinent info later this evening.

Please keep us posted as feedback helps others reading this post looking for a fix to the same or similar issue!

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I will do some research and post up tonight. I'm thinking broken wire in the boot, more about that later. I want to do some research first to see if there is a common circuit for these issues.

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I will do some research and post up tonight. I'm thinking broken wire in the boot, more about that later. I want to do some research first to see if there is a common circuit for these issues.
I'm having same issues my Radio want come on but the USB port still charges my phone. Also the rear window and all the windows don't work either. Checked fuses looks like previous owner who was a kid hooked up radio wrong but before I bought it all worked any idea what's wrong

Back