• Register Today It's free!

Radio reset after unleashed tune

frank Brady

Reaction score
City, State
cherry hill
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer sport
Just installed a tune with SCT tuner with a unleashed 93 tune. After the tune was installed when I go to start the explorer the radio is set to AM frequency. I shut the it off on FM or on Sirius start back up back to AM. Any Ideas of why this is happening? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Frank.:wave:
I don't know anything about installing 'tunes' but I'd be surprised if that would affect the radio. I'm sure someone with experience will add their thoughts.

Peter

Just installed a tune with SCT tuner with a unleashed 93 tune. After the tune was installed when I go to start the explorer the radio is set to AM frequency. I shut the it off on FM or on Sirius start back up back to AM. Any Ideas of why this is happening? thanks
You ever figure this out?

I just got the Livernois MyCalibrator Touch and when it finished downloading the stock tune from the ECU, I noticed the same thing... Radio was set to AM and all of the heater/controls were reset. The dashboard gauge layout also reset.

I set everything back to how I want after the first start and everything seems fine...

My guess is the ROM (Read only memory) is reset by the ECU when the file system is being written/read from.

Back