• Register Today It's free!

Radio wiring diagram

Dakszaks

Reaction score
City, State
Rogers Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer limited
I have a 2016 Ford explorer limited with the sony system and the 8 inch touchscreen.

I am trying to add a line out connector from the rear speakers for an external amp and subwoofers, all of the wiring diagrams I have seen I do not have those wires behind the radio. If someone could help with a wiring diagram

Edit: We found a solution, we used the wiring from the factory sub for the line out converter.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I have a 2016 Ford explorer limited with the sony system and the 8 inch touchscreen.

I am trying to add a line out connector from the rear speakers for an external amp and subwoofers, all of the wiring diagrams I have seen I do not have those wires behind the radio. If someone could help with a wiring diagram

Edit: We found a solution, we used the wiring from the factory sub for the line out converter.
Not saying you won't get results, but to get the best results from a line out converter you want a signal that has a full range signal. Typically, you want to grab this from the front speaker channels.

Back