• Register Today It's free!

Radius Arm Repair Kit Part No.

uh60james

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport (Dora), '06 XLT
Someone has mentioned that autozone has a kit to replace the broken lower shock mounts on the radius arms. I broke both of mine and just have them cold welded together for now (lasted 2000+ miles). I went to autozone today with hopes of getting the kit. The manager looked at me like I was stupid, he told me the only part they have is the radius arm bushing, they dont even have a price for a new radius arm. Does anyone know the part no. for the kit?

I cant help you with the autozone thing, autozone is pretty much a lost cause as far as I am concerned.
Why dont you just replace the radius arms? they arent that hard to replace, and I am sure some one here would sell you a set, first gens are being parted out all the time here, check the parts for sale section.

Do what I did. Drilled out the holes & used grade 8 bolts & lock nuts. Been fine. Do a search on it my post should come up.

I have a set of new stock replcment RA's, in case the bolts do fail one day.
I didn't replace them at the time cause it's ALOT more work to get them off. And after talking here it was said the bolts would work fine.

I don't know the number but what I think you looking for is just a "shock mounting kit" or similar, not a radius arm repair kit. I found it in the section of "help" parts. Nothing too fancy, just a bolt in version of the mount thats already there.

Good luck

Back