• Register Today It's free!

Ranger lift on Explorer...

91Sploder

Reaction score
City, State
Brownsville, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
'68 U15
I've been looking everyday after I get off work for Superlift 4" kits for my 91 X and seeing if I can find the best price. Yesterday I noticed that the Superlift 4" kit for a 91-94 Ranger is cheaper to buy than the 4" kit for the Explorer. Are Rangers the same setup as an Explorer in 91? I'm pretty sure they both have TTB. Has anyone ever used a Ranger kit on their 91 explorer? I understand that the rear is different on rangers, they already have the SOA done so the kit uses rear blocks. So if I bought the Ranger kit and did an SOA conversion on my X would everything work out? Sorry if what I wrote was confusing, if anyone could give me some info on if this would work I would greatly appreciate it.

the SOA will give you about 5-6" of lift in the back the 4"Superlift lift in the front around 4" so you would have alot of rake, you could add some f150 spacers to the front be about level.

I guess what I wanted to know is if anyone is running a Superlift made for a Ranger? Are there any differences between the Explorer and Ranger kits or are they exactly the same.

Back