Ready for clear headlights? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Led

Diodes (both regular and light emitting), are nifty electronic devices that only allow current to flow in one direction. So, if you put the two wires coming off of the chain on the battery terminals and they don't work, just make sure that you swap the terminals that the wires touch to be sure.

Okay so like if I do positive to negative red to red and black black just switch it to black to red and red to black right?

and the little 5mm led bulbs the pins how do I know which is positive the longer positive or negative?

Headlights_installed3.jpg

I just bought almost identical headlights like yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390627643290?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

By any chance, have you had any problems with the headlight alignment? Mine is off by a lot and I aslo put some HID lights in them. My alignment looks similar to this picture.

Headlight_spot_pattern2.jpg

Any idea how to adjust them? The screw in the back of the headlight doesn't really do much. I might have to take them out and look to see if I missed any little adjusters beside the main one that you can see from looking on top of the headlight. I'll post some pics up as soon as I take them.

I've had serious problems with adjustment. One of these days I intend to fab up some brackets that will allow me movement in all 3 directions... until then I just try to ignore it.

Back