Ready to pull trigger on 2012 XLT

mikepier

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
15 XL
As the original owner of my 99 XLT, it's still running great with 112K on it, but after driving it for 13 years, I am feeling a little itch maybe its time to let it go and get a new 2012 XLT. I had a few questions:

Can anyone recommend (or not recommend) any dealers around the Long Island/NY/NJ area?

How much did you pay over invoice?

Besides the Explorer, I read about the Ford Flex. Is it worth looking into? I'm not crazy about the Flex's body style, but it seems to offer a lot.

Besides the MFT issues I've been reading about, any other issues with the Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depending on what happens. You may end up OK. Just remember for every soured owner on here there are 20 or more happy owners out there. I love my explorer. If I were you I would hold out for a 13.

Wait for the 2013 and go to smith cairns ford in yonkers and see charlie falcone he is a awesome person i have bought about 8 explorers from that dealership and i have sent many to be happy buyers ! ( johnny abreu golden bronze ltd 2011) the dealership is right bt the cross county mall ! Good luck and wait for the 2013 be out soon and orders are being taken.

Dont know why people are telling you to wait for a 13? Just get a 12 now, and you will love it. See frank russo at smithtown ford on long island. He made me a deal i couldnt refuse. Very nice guy too.

Dont know why people are telling you to wait for a 13? Just get a 12 now, and you will love it. See frank russo at smithtown ford on long island. He made me a deal i couldnt refuse. Very nice guy too.

Having issues with smithtown ford here. Not sure I would recommend their service dept.

Having issues with smithtown ford here. Not sure I would recommend their service dept.

Thanks for the heads up. My salesman was great. I havnt used the service dept yet. Care to share your problems? Pm me if you want to keep it out of the thread. Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. My salesman was great. I havnt used the service dept yet. Care to share your problems? Pm me if you want to keep it out of the thread. Thanks

My salesman was great too! Will PM you after work.

unless you want bucket seats I would just go with the 12 now and not wait for the 13. Your gonna get the updated mft anyway.

If I was going to recommend a dealer in NJ I would have to tell you the one I work at, but I'm probably too far for you to drive (by Princeton NJ) Otherwse Ive heard good things about Dana Ford in Staten Island.

I appreciate everyones input. NJ is not out of the question for me. I actually live closest to Hassett Ford/Lincoln in Wantagh, but I don't know how well the dealership is. I would rather hear from someone who has already experienced the process.

I purchased my truck at Able Ford in Rockville Centre, LI 13 years ago, and had a very good experience but they moved to New Jersey a few years ago.

What is special about the 2013's? Are the bucket seats you are referring to the rear?

Service manager called me......case closed, all better.

As the original owner of my 99 XLT, it's still running great with 112K on it, but after driving it for 13 years, I am feeling a little itch maybe its time to let it go and get a new 2012 XLT...
Dont know why people are telling you to wait for a 13? Just get a 12 now, and you will love it...
unless you want bucket seats I would just go with the 12 now and not wait for the 13...
mikepier,

I’m glad to see a number of great recommendations for dealers in the area. As for the 2013MY, there are only a few equipment/color changes available. You can see that lots of people in the community love their new ride.

With whatever you decide to go with, I’m sure you’ll find it’s a big change from your ‘99 XLT. ;)

Service manager called me......case closed, all better.
That’s great to hear it was taken care of, gdecamp! :)

Cory

I appreciate everyones input. NJ is not out of the question for me. I actually live closest to Hassett Ford/Lincoln in Wantagh, but I don't know how well the dealership is. I would rather hear from someone who has already experienced the process.

I purchased my truck at Able Ford in Rockville Centre, LI 13 years ago, and had a very good experience but they moved to New Jersey a few years ago.

What is special about the 2013's? Are the bucket seats you are referring to the rear?

Yes, I am referring to rear seats, which I believe can be had in buckets on the xlt. You can go onto google and look up reviews of dealers, be wary of dealer rater though..I know a few of our former employees have left bad reviews on my dealerships. If you are getting quotes feel free to PM me if you have questions on them and whether they are a good deal or not.

Yes, I am referring to rear seats, which I believe can be had in buckets on the xlt. You can go onto google and look up reviews of dealers, be wary of dealer rater though..I know a few of our former employees have left bad reviews on my dealerships. If you are getting quotes feel free to PM me if you have questions on them and whether they are a good deal or not.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Just found out they are now known as All-American Ford in Old Bridge, NJ. I don't know if its same ownership as the old one in LI or not, but maybe I'll give them a try.

Back