• Register Today It's free!

rear bumper question...

CUINTHESNOW

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
so i have some surface rust on my rear bumper and i want to give it a quick sand and a coat of primer and maybe a coat of something else to protect it before it gets to be a real problem... my question is, the rear bumper seems to be two piece, the plastic piece that sits on top and the metal part that is painted gray that forms the rest of the bumper... does anyone have any idea how to remove the plastic on top so i can paint the whole thing instead of just just painting from the plastic piece down? thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips...

same thing with mine, i think im just going to gind it and buff it and re-paint it. not sure about the 2 piece part though

Here's what they look like...

These are the two bumper pads from the 01 Sport... They just snap in. I couldn't get under the bumper at the moment, but I believe you would have to pinch each clip for it to release... not sure. Anywho, here are a couple of pics... I had to really press down for the clips to snap in, that left corner is a tuffy... Good luck! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGA0886.JPG
    IMGA0886.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 463
  • IMGA0895.JPG
    IMGA0895.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMGA0898.JPG
    IMGA0898.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 441
  • IMGA0900.JPG
    IMGA0900.JPG