• Register Today It's free!

Rear hatch switch

Raptormills

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer xlt 4wd
Hello.. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the rear hatch switch is located that let's the car know that it's shut on a 97 ford explorer xlt.. Thanks in advance

Both sides of the rear hatch, where the latches are, there's also one for the rear glass, to figure out which area to look, open the glass with the truck switched on, every time a new door is open it'll chime. Remove the interior panel and they're up either side. Be careful with the interior panel too, they're brittle and used ones aren't much better.

Both sides of the rear hatch, where the latches are, there's also one for the rear glass, to figure out which area to look, open the glass with the truck switched on, every time a new door is open it'll chime. Remove the interior panel and they're up either side. Be careful with the interior panel too, they're brittle and used ones aren't much better.
Thank you very much

I have a 99 Mountaineer and I think my sensors are bad. No matter how hard I shut the door now it leaves the interior lights on and the "Door Ajar" warning light is on the dash. I tried holding the 2 sensors shut but it didn't change anything. I'm guessing they are bad...?

Back