Rear recovery point options????

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
We have the f-150 tow hooks for the front of the 3rd gen Explorers. But what about some rear recovery points. Has anyone installed rear recovery points on there 3rd gen? Anyone have any ideas?

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Generally a trailer hitch is used

We have the f-150 tow hooks for the front of the 3rd gen Explorers. But what about some rear recovery points. Has anyone installed rear recovery points on there 3rd gen? Anyone have any ideas?

Tim

I use one of these and it's worked great...I've used it to get myself or others out of a jam with no issues:

http://amzn.com/B001CF1A7O

When not using it I just take it off and put it in the same compartment as my jack.

being that I only have a class II hitch that is only about 1". won't work. I may look into upgrading to a class III hitch.

Tim

being that I only have a class II hitch that is only about 1". won't work. I may look into upgrading to a class III hitch.

Tim

I believe they make one for a class ii also but I don't know how much you'd want to pull on it. The class iii swap is a good idea and not very difficult.

Back