rear tire carrier for 33inch

sapogmxr

!!Drink Beer in Jersey!!
Reaction score
City, State
Edison, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer XLT
I was just doing some searching and came across a thread by ExplorGM. He was selling a Kayline tire carrier.. Does anyone know were i can purchase a tire carrier for my 97. Ive been looking around with no luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hehe. i bought it from him.

13497shread_spare.jpg

coryl makes one...its a bumper/carrier combo and he can add things to it too.
Dead Link Removed

The Multicarrier for your 1993 Explorer is $400 plus freight. This includes the bumper with "D" rings, mounting hardware, and tire carrier. Available options for the Multicarrier include a receiver hitch $65, jack carrier $25, CB antenna mount $10, gas can carriers (1 or 2) $35 each, license plate light and mount $25, and the bumper configured as an air tank $90. There are also several lighting options available for the Multicarrier as long as the air tank option is not selected. The bumper is available with a set of recessed backup lights $35. It is also available with a set of recessed turn/stop/marker lights $35 or with LED turn/stop/marker lights $115. Also available is the heavy duty hinge option which allows the secure carrying of larger sized tires and multiple accessories. It features a double roller bearing hinge and a hold open latch, $65.

Thanks. I only need the carrier though. I dont want to get a new bumper. Im gonna call them up and check out what price they give me. There are none on the site..

yeah i didnt like the idea of a tube bumper, so it was pure luck that i got the kayline. kinda funny though because i had just spent 0 bucks having new brackets made for my rear bumper (because of body lift) because the first set i had were u-shaped. the brackets for teh tire carrier take the place of the ones i just had made so i now have 2 sets of rear bumper brackets just sitting in my tool box!

Kennesaw just wrote me back this is what i got..

The Multicarrier unit is an integral bumper and tire carrier. So, unless you already have an aftermarket bumper that you would like to install the tire carrier hinge assembly into, the tire carrier portion alone isn't going to work in your application. The Multicarrier is primarily designed to work with offroad vehicles carrying larger tires that would overload an OEM tire carrier that is anchored to the sheet metal of the vehicle.

So does anyone know of a tire carrier that is able to be used on a stock bumpered truck? Their has to be, im pretty sure that i have seen them. UDMSVT would one like yours work on my truck? Were can i get one from?

My goal here is to keep the stock bumper.

i hope so because mine is being used with the stock bumper. i got mine off another member, but it ismade by kayline in denver. try contacting them.

does anyone have a number or link to them (Kayline)? i checked google and got nothing.

Kayline Mfg., 200 E. 64th Ave., Denver, CO 80221, (800) 525-8118. Kayline offers the widest coverage in the business, and all of our tops are available in any of our 13 colors. We make tire and can carriers too.

better?

only took me 45 seconds to find that on the web.

show off ;)

thanks

no problem. i found severl other non-800 numbers so let me know if that one falls through and i wil dig up teh others.:D

also, e-mail me if you want more pics and want more info.

Back