Rear Window Washer Doesn't Work--Wiper Works | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window Washer Doesn't Work--Wiper Works

froglady99

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2003 XLT V8
Sometime back, when I was filling the washer fluid reservoir, at one point the fluid wasn't going down anymore, so I thought maybe it was full. Then I heard a noise that sounded like something going down a drain, and the fluid went down, although I didn't see any leaks. But ever since then, my rear washer hasn't worked. The wiper works fine, and the front washer/wipers work fine too.

I searched threads on here and found one saying to activate the rear washer and look for leaks. I did that, and it leaked right behind the front wheel on the passenger side. I looked under the hood and found the line going to the front washer, and, following it back down into the engine area, found another line right beside it that appeared to have come apart. I pushed the two ends together, and I don't see any leaks anywhere now, but the rear washer still isn't working. I know the fluid isn't empty, because I just filled it recently and the front washer still works. Any ideas?

Back