Rear wiper issues- How to open the relay box? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper issues- How to open the relay box?

billb1981

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I'm about ready to pull out my hair, was hoping someone can help me out....

My rear washer stopped working, turns out the hose came off. Well I reconnected it, only to find it came off in the back too. Apparently just the short time of me pressing the fluid to make sure it worked, (it didn't) I think it shorted out a relay or something as it was wet back there. Great....

So I pulled away the trim and want to open the relay box but for some reason can't figure out how to get the box open, is there a trick? I noticed it swings open from left to right it looks like.

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it might help to know what year and model explorer you have there

you aren't kiddin. Sorry. 2002 XLT. I'm out of it today been pulling my hair out...

I'm not sure the relay you are looking for is in the back, the owner's guide says it's in the central junction box, under the dash, drivers side, along with the accessory delay relay and some other items

Well I've taken out fuse 8, which is washer pump relays, I believe just a fuse to the relays? But it's ok.

I think you are talking about relay 6, rear washer pump, the wipers aren't even working and there isn't a wiper control in the front. There is a relay 17 in the back, for wiper control

Hey Guys, I have an issue regarding my rear wiper motor being constantly on. I turn it off and it continues to keep going. I pull my fuse under the dash and it still continues to go.....very weird. So I went to the front of my 2004 Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6L and removed the high current fuse for the rear wiper. I have to take it out for a couple days and then put it back in, and sometimes its still on. What you think the problem is?

Back