rebuilt valve body ... and what else? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rebuilt valve body ... and what else?

Gianni D

Reaction score
City, State
Quakertown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT V6 (SOLD)
Hello,

I have been doing some research about the 2-3 flare that my Explorer is experiencing. It's a '99 with only 97k, but every once in a while I experience the flare.

I wish I could have the time or space to rebuild the valve body, but I don't. I think I'm gonna order a rebuilt valve body from central valve bodies. Do I need to buy/replace anything else?

Read a few times about adding a shift kit? Which one (brand and model)?

Thanks,
Gianni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I ordered mine from Central it did not come with the updated sep plate/w bonded gaskets that brooklyn is referring to so you want that for sure (i just switched the plate from my core). And I dont remember but I think it did come with the new Blow Off Valve from Ford but double check that. It also comes with "Sonnax Updates" allthough Im not sure wich ones. Refer to Glaciers 5R55E VB Rebuild diary in the stickys if your not sure about the new Ford Valve (pictures). You can get both from www.fastpartsnetwork.com for like $30 total. Those two parts and fluid (8 quarts to be safe, I got 7 out the first time I did it) should do it.

When I ordered mine from Central it did not come with the updated sep plate/w bonded gaskets that brooklyn is referring to so you want that for sure (i just switched the plate from my core). And I dont remember but I think it did come with the new Blow Off Valve from Ford but double check that. It also comes with "Sonnax Updates" allthough Im not sure wich ones. Refer to Glaciers 5R55E VB Rebuild diary in the stickys if your not sure about the new Ford Valve (pictures). You can get both from www.fastpartsnetwork.com for like $30 total. Those two parts and fluid (8 quarts to be safe, I got 7 out the first time I did it) should do it.

Can anyone tell me the part #'s that I need in order to get this done (shift kit, sep plate, and bonded gaskets)

Thanks in advance,
G

The sep plate is 1L5Z-7Z490-EA I dont know about the valve body sorry. But this is the best plate to use.

Back