Redneck Mudder registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redneck Mudder registry

REDNECK MUDDER
IMG_2516-1-1.jpg

1994 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4, 4-door, 4.0L, Automatic A4LD, BW-1354, stock 3.73 LSD, 8.8, D35

I'm Matt, I am an auto tech student from SIU. I have worked in a shop since I was 16. About a year ago i traded in my 97 Eclipse (POS) for my 94. I consider it a huge upgrade, even though I lost my good gas mileage and speed. The truck had a lot of things done to it when I got it, but a lot of it was not done to my standards. I'm starting to mod it a little more and fix what the previous owner did. My plan for this truck is to drive it forever (at least for now). I want to make it into a rock solid truck. I want to build a 347 for it and i'm shooting for around 350-400 hp to the wheels. This probably won't happen any time soon. I want this to be a unbreakable truck, and I'm open to suggestion on what i should do for a drive train. I want to keep it auto. I don't think I wan to lift it much more but i would like a solid front axle, again to be a more solid truck. I would like to change my suspension to something like a 4-link front and rear. Eventually I will probably have a trailer and pull a car with this truck. Here is what has been do to the truck so far (what i can remember), and always more to come.

Engine & Power
-K&N cone
-5.0 MAF
-zip tie mod
-Flowmaster muffler
-High output alternator
-Electric cooling fan
-Trans cooling Fan

Exterior & Lighting
-Camo vinyl lower section wrap
-Prerunner bumper light bar
-3" AUX lights (bumper)
-AUX reverse lights (may be modded to trail lights)
-Rear spoiler (soon to be gone)
-Camo Bug deflector

Wheels & Suspension
-15" American racing 39's (not a huge fan of them, might be for sale soon)
-32x11.5x15 Wild Country RTV's
-Daystar coil spacer (not sure on exact size)
-Add a leaf & Warrior shackles (Thanks foxracin)
-Skyjacker nitro 9000 Shocks for 2" lift
-Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
-Milemarker locking hubs

Interior
-Camo Trim
-Camo Head liner
-Camo Steering wheel cover
-A-pillar gauge pod
-Autometer water temp, and oil pressure (I'm confused on the why the old owner got these 2 gauges when he had them in the dash, and neither the dash or pillar lights worked when I got it. Now they work in the pillar not the dash. I would like trans temp and vacuum)
-orange light on ash tray (not me again i don't know why)
-Plywood tool box, Not built that great but it works good and is very handy
-10 inch sub
-Rear lock switch like in the late model X's, not hooked up to anything all they did was cut a hole and installed the switch, and cracked the plastic
-The seats might be out of a late model X as well, there highback power seats

here's some pictures, sorry the camera didn't take very good pictures I'll try to get some more
IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

forum decal
IMG_2522.jpg

this picture does not do justice to how bright these fogs are
IMG_2527.jpg

My 94 Explorer and my moms 04 Mountaineer
IMG_2533.jpg

Here is some rear suspension pics, any one what i have?
IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

Next Project: rewire interior, note the hanging wires, new CB since the old one was stole, thats why part of the camo around the glove box is hanging, If anyone knows anything about repairing a coax cable for a CB antenna, I could use the help, the new will be installer where the ash tray was, I took it off the other day to start on this project, also I'm switching the lights in the gauges to LED's
IMG_2523-1.jpg

Here an LED and regular light comparison (Sorry for the horrible picture)
IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

toolbox
IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

Please leave Suggestions and Comment, Looking forward to some feed back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lookin good keep up good work

Dude! 'Ya gotta stop mess'n with me! Ya made me think I was on acid when you took those photos...

Nice truck though...

4X50: sorry about the pictures i think i have the wrong lens on the camera

Ohio: I didn't put in the camo but i'll tell you what i know about it, its all just camo fabric you could find at a larger fabric store, What i have is pretty heavy fabric almost feels like canvas, no info on the price sorry, to install it they just took everything off cover it in upholstery glue and stick it on.

foxracin: thanks i was pretty sure that it was an add-a-leaf and the shackles looked to long for stock, the info he gave me says there warrior and here those are pretty good. i didn't think i had both because i didn't think it sat very high in the rear but i'm guessing the added leaf corrected sagging rear suspension and the shackle's lifted it.

thanks for all the feedback everyone

garage got cleared out, new meter got here, Redneck Mudder is now in the garage add work is about to start. What i'm doing right now is taking the dash apart installing LED lights, re-wiring the wires under the dash they are a mesh, hopefully getting the key-less entry workin, puttin a new CB in cause the last one got stole, new switches, permanent install for the radar detector, a couple new DC plugs, getting both the aux reverse lights workin, trying to figure out for sure what is leeking, maybe charge the A/C, new battery terminal clamps, i think there is few other small things.

I few questions if any knows about this stuff:
When the ####### broke into my truck and stole my CB he ripped the coax cable for the antenna, any body know anything about fixin these? and where to get a new terminal?

i am pretty sure my pan gasket is leekin anyone know any way to fix this with out pullin the motor half way out? my plan right now is to put some RTV on it, but i don't really plan on this workin very well

Haven't posted in a while I thought I would give this a little update. The dash got pulled, lots of stuff got re-wire, new LED dash lights look awesome. Down side is that some of the connectors seen to be falling apart. Put the new CB in even though the CB doesn't work cause i don't know how to fix the connector for the antenna. I put in a PA speaker, maybe the best investment I made to date.

Since then I have had my truck on the alignment rack, fixed the camber problem but still won't drive straight, and the wheel isn't strait. o well

Took off rear drum to look at brakes. I had to use the big hammer to get them off and ended up braking an axle seal. So now I new rear brakes, axle seals, and the diff cover got painted and cleaned up while it was off.

Today I put in my new 195 thermostat and I'm hoping for better gas mileage. My theory behind this is during the summer my truck runs at about 190 degrees on my gauge and I get 14 maybe 15 mpg. During the winter I run at about 180 degrees and get 12 and half mpg. If it works great, if not then I'm only out a few bucks.

Love the look so far man... Out of your list what is next to come and when?

Looks great. Wheres the mud?

gotta say... i love the way you did the trunk! the lowprofile floor/cargo cover/ tool box is NICE! may be using that idea soon

I havent posted or been on here for a while so i think its about time for an update. I blew the trans. I was out messin around in the wood and cracked my radiator, I tryed to limb home going nice and easy on it and the trans started slipping pretty bad. I came to a stop on a hill and it blew... RIP a4ld.

I had to kinda abandon the truck for the summer because i got an internship in detroit for the summer and didnt have time to fix her before i went. found a trans from a ranger for cheap and getting some parts and piece to put her back together when i get back to school.

And I'm starting my auto trans class in the fall...

Back