Relocating stock heated seat switch? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Relocating stock heated seat switch?

RAF

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer
Hey guys, I have a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer and the heated seat button is a real pain in the ass to push on/off while driving and its impossible to see if its on or off because the light is hidden.

Id like to tap a switch into the existing stock switch and put it on my dash so I can use that button to turn on or off the heated seats and see if its on or off with a light on the new switch.
Has anyone dont this before of has any suggestions on this setup (specialy the wiring)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

can anyone tell me which wire is which going to the button?

Ttt

why dont you just take the button out, cut the power wire and connect it to an aftermarket switch and then run the power wire back to the OEM button. If its a constant push on push off type you can leave it on "On" . if its the other Push to signal a module type (module under seat) then i would assume the easiest thing to do is take the OEM switch from the seat and relocate it, or replace with similar style elsewhere. Ive done similar mods to control accessories on my other cars.

Just wanted to add my dislike for the location, tho I can see if it is on at night by the light reflection on the door panel. I know bigger folks cant get there hand in there sometimes.
I always thought it should just be an on off switch and not a stupid momentary contact that resets every key cycle.

Back