Removal of the front and rear ford emblem | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removal of the front and rear ford emblem

The rear emblem is just a sticker. The front emblem is attached with clips. You need to remove grill to take it off. I have done both and wrapped each with 3m carbon fiber vinyl.
How do you remove the front grill to install a new emblem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do you remove the front grill to install a new emblem

No need to remove the whole grille. When I replaced my emblems, I used some dental floss (fishing line would also work) at the ends of the emblem to cut through as much of the mounting tape as I could, to start. At the center of the bottom edge of the emblem there is a tiny hole. With a thin screwdriver, I was able to pry around the edge of the emblem, starting at the little hole. Be firm, but not aggressive, and work your way around, prying the emblem off. Eventually, the friction nut on the back of the mounting post will pop off (I could hear it rattle when it came off), and the emblem will be free. Clean up the adhesive residue with Goo Gone. I replaced both front and rear emblems in about 30 minutes.

No need to remove the whole grille. When I replaced my emblems, I used some dental floss (fishing line would also work) at the ends of the emblem to cut through as much of the mounting tape as I could, to start. At the center of the bottom edge of the emblem there is a tiny hole. With a thin screwdriver, I was able to pry around the edge of the emblem, starting at the little hole. Be firm, but not aggressive, and work your way around, prying the emblem off. Eventually, the friction nut on the back of the mounting post will pop off (I could hear it rattle when it came off), and the emblem will be free. Clean up the adhesive residue with Goo Gone. I replaced both front and rear emblems in about 30 minutes.
Thanks, I just pulled grill out far enough to get the two nuts off because I needed them to mount the other one (deep well 10mm is a must).

Thanks, I just pulled grill out far enough to get the two nuts off because I needed them to mount the other one (deep well 10mm is a must).

The replacement ovals I have came with 3M tape on the back. It has been plenty sufficient for keeping them in place. If loosening the grill worked for you, great! Post pics! :)

Back