removing both front and rear swaybars? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

removing both front and rear swaybars?

clarkkent

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
san luis obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
McNeil Mountaineer
i just recently took off my rear sway bar when i added my deaver springs, and a couple days ago, i was bombing through pismo and my front passenger swaybar end broke off i was thinking about just taking the front off too. meanwhile while the passenger side pretty much isnt connected i can three wheel the truck on u-turns. has anybody taken theirs off?

I ran for a good 3 months without a front sway bar or a rear sway bar. It was definatley something you have to get used to. Since I use my truck for my daily driving, I was driving like a maniac between jobs so at about 60 MPH or more I would get alot of body roll in the truck. I had similar issues with getting 3 wheels around turns, you can ask Spas about that. She saw my front tire get a good 6" or so off the ground around a turn. Since then I've put the front one back and kept the rear off. I remove the front sway bar when I wheel, I just run the cordless impact gun on the mounts and take it off and then put it back on after wheeling.

I can honestly say I never really noticed a change in my daily driving. Never came close to lifting a tire onthe road either and I can drive crazy sometimes, so this is a vote for take um off, but to each their own.

Back