Removing the bed

interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
So I've done a lot of searching and this seems to be something everyone just knows how to do and I guess I'm just not as well versed in all this...

But can someone gimme a walk through on removing my bed for a body lift? I will never pay anyone $600 for installing this so I'll do it this summer when I can drive a cute little ford focus to work hahahaha. I'll have all the time in the world to do it and even a lift and air tools. I just want to make sure I can handle it all with help from my dad when necessary.

I've read up on how to get to most the other mounts, just removing the bed has me scared!

The bed is bolted down by 4 main bolts in the bed, wiring harness for taillights and power outlet on left side of the bed and the filler neck for the gas has three screws that hold it to the bed, the two screws on the back of the inner fender that connect to the bumper. I just lifted it up and moved it back over and rested it on the tires. Sounds like alot but it's easy.

It is surprisingly light. I couldn't believe there wasn't more heft to it when I removed it. Jerry hit all the points. I completely removed mine and set it off to the side.

0704000848.jpg

If you don't have one, the bed bolts require a T-55 Torx socket. GL

Back