Rim sizes on 95+... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rim sizes on 95+...

Hello, I was just curious as to what size rim will fit on a 96 Sport. Here is what I want to get. Can some one please tell me if they will fit, I dont want to rely on a tire and rim service center. I want to get a set of 15x10 Eagle 589's to put on my Explorer. I like the style of these rims, and I think that a wider rims makes the tires look wider as well. BTW I will be preforming a torsion twist on my explorer to gain extra lift when I am out of school in May.

Thanks

------------------
Sux2bu101
96 Explorer Sport

15x10 is probably a stretch, and yes they will stick them way on out there, I would probably go with 15x8 and some good backspacing , It will look better and will be stuck out also , to go with the ten inch wide rim you would probably need more lift than the torsion twist. just my opinion. I have a ninety eight eddie bauer with thirty two eleven fifty's on it but ther is no way I could go 15x10 , I may could go with the eight inch wheels , but I would have to get the right backspacing

------------------
Ryan Jones
98 eddie baurer 4x4
2 inch lift
32x11.50 buckshots
manik brush gaurd and go rhino tail light gaurds
hella black majik driving light
Surco 45x60 safari rack
jbl door speakers and kicker fifteen

92 explorer with two inches of lift
30x9.50 mud kings

mrjones98e@hotmail.com

Sux2Bu,
I agree with Ryan, stick to 15x8 and keep your tires tucked inside the wheelwells. This will keep debris off the sides of your truck and keep officer friendly off of your tail. 15x8s will take tires up to 12.5" wide. I still use my stock 16x7s and my 285/75-16s fit perfectly. I'll probably go to a 16x8 for my 32x11.5s.
Rick

Hey Explorer,

When did you get, the 285's and what kind are they check out my homepage

------------------
Ryan Jones
98 eddie baurer 4x4
2 inch lift
32x11.50 buckshots
manik brush gaurd and go rhino tail light gaurds
hella black majik driving light
Surco 45x60 safari rack
jbl door speakers and kicker fifteen

92 explorer with two inches of lift
30x9.50 mud kings

mrjones98e@hotmail.com

Ryan,
I just got them recently. They are Dunlop Radial Rovers.$100.00 bucks each from Discount Tire Direct, or $105.00 from the Tirerack, online.Add tax, shipping, and mounting, of course. My Mickeys were wearing out too fast on the street and making frequent trips to LA and SD, I got tired of not being able to hear anything but the tires for two hours! The Dunlops are more street friendly and should perform better on road both wet and dry. I am looking for some aftermarket wheels (cheap) for the Mickeys so that I can swap them easily when its time to hit the dirt.
I can't seem to get to your home page from the little house icon? I couldn't get the video that Rick posted of your two wheel ride on Poison Spyder either. I wonder if my Gateway is the problem? What's your page's address?
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

Back