runnig cool or temp guage reads low? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

runnig cool or temp guage reads low?

tuby

Reaction score
City, State
Lethbridge Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 EDDIE BAUER
running cool or temp guage reads low?

I have a 1995 Eddie Bauer with the 4.0L engine. Does any one know if these engines run cool or if the temp guage is just reading low? If they run cool what can be done to bring them to a good operating temp. or is there a cheap fix to get the temp guage to read the proper temp. I feel that this engine runs cool, because it takes 10 minutes of warm up and at least 10 more of driving (at -5 C), before my climate control system starts and blow heat (climate control will not blow until anti-freeze is at a certain temp). Also the guage reads low in the summer, at temps of +30 C. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to change your thermostat. It's cheap and relatively easy.

I changed the thermostat, replaced with a 195 degree stat. I do beleive this is the stock stat replacement temp.

Well after reading over what you said, that seems pretty normal. Mine has never gone past the halfway mark even in hot traffic at idle with the a/c on.

Mine takes quite a while to heat up too. About 15 minutes of city driving. Never has gone past the "N" in normal.

195 is the normal Tstat temp. In sub freezing/really cold temps, that is not an unreasonable amount of time for the truck to warm up. And it is normal for these trucks not to go above 1/3 of the way on the temp gauge. Even with my high heat output of my supercharger, mine rarely gets to the halfway point, even in Texas summers.

Mine never quite gets to the little thermometer in the center of the gauge, I've put in a t-stat and replaced the temp sending unit for the gauge since it didn't even read above the C line when I first got it.

Or do what I do to get a quicker warm-up take O/D off or drop it into 2nd and leave it till it gets warm enough. I would do that with my Chevelle (took a long time to warm up unless you got it above 50 in D).

Does any one Know of a company that builds cold fronts (grill inserts) for a Eddie Bauer? Every body I talked to say they are not built for the Eddie Bauer grill.

Back