• Register Today It's free!

Saggy Butt !!

JacquesB

Reaction score
City, State
North Myrtle Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer AWD 5.0
I noticed my rear end was lower than the front by about an inch. After looking through the forum I decided to install longer leaf shackles. All went well and I installed them using the lowest hole, which should have given me 2 inches of lift, 1 inch to get it back level and 1 inch lift. To my surprise when I had finished and measured the car front and back are now level at 33inches. I went for a drive part of which included a bumpy road and it still measured all level and not the 1 inch of lift I had hoped for. My question is do you all think my leaf springs are on the way out? If so I think I may go with the F150 rebuild rather that re bend or new springs. Any advice would be most welcome. :)

when you go with longer shackles you also have to understand that when the shackle flexes from the weight it will also swing back more than the stock shackle. Generally a shackle that is 2 inches longer will give you about 1 1/4 inch of lift. As for the leaf packs, getting a heavier duty leaf pack will help more than re-arching the springs. The reason is after some time the springs will straighten out like they have done now. Plus at a you pull it junkyard you can get the f150 packs for the price of rearching.

Back