SAS Steering Box | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SAS Steering Box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go Toyota -- outboard mounted and a lot of support on the web for future modifications (in case you want to run hydro-steer)

Check my sas thread for pics of my FJ60 box.

hey

Go Toyota -- outboard mounted and a lot of support on the web for future modifications (in case you want to run hydro-steer)

What a bout the steering pump can i use my stock one i have an 99 sport 4sohc

I'm using a '94 Explorer box on mine inside the frame but it's with the V6. I'm doing a V8 conversion now and there isn't quite enough room for the remote oil filter kit I'm going to use. Like they said use a steering box on the outside of the frame. For me, I'm currently modifying my frame in an attempt to gain enough clearance for the filter kit.

What a bout the steering pump can i use my stock one i have an 99 sport 4sohc
You sure can. The only thing you have to do is adapt the high pressure hose/line to match with the Toyota box.

steering pump/box

Oh , im having trouble with it it seems to have to much pressure in it cuz, when i start the engine it start turning the wheels like crazy cant stop it. really strong :S .

So maybe the box its fkd up, gaskets or dunno.

any ideas?

maybe theres still air in the system - which usually leads to a violent, jittering steering wheel.

Back