seat/console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

seat/console

cmk0808

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
on a 2005 limited i have a console between the second row seats. can i take the console out and geta middle seat from a junkyard to put there? If so any specifics i need to meet like a 2005 seat only? Will the seat just bolt up from the console bolts or do i have to make new ones?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

on a 2005 limited i have a console between the second row seats. can i take the console out and geta middle seat from a junkyard to put there? If so any specifics i need to meet like a 2005 seat only? Will the seat just bolt up from the console bolts or do i have to make new ones?

I want to do pretty much the opposite on my 99 mounty, swap out the rear 60/40 split bench for rear seats and a console.

Why would you want to go to the bench. I am trying to get what you have right now and get rid of the second row bench.

I am guessing, but I have an '02 limited and I am wondering if the middle seat is not a stand-alone unit that can be bolted in/out independent of the two side seats.

I so, you want to trade, my middle seat for your console??? (what color/trim is your interior?).

Mine is grey

Just get the entire row... probably easier

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246594

b.t.w.
I have my 3rd gen gray cloth seats for sale if interested

Back