Derrick C.

Moderator Drinkin Corona
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Twin Falls, Idaho---------B.F.E.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 92 XL
Has anyone heard of the Teraflex REVOLVER SHACKLES? I just received my may issue of Four Wheeler mag. and there is a ad for them. 2nd to last page. I'm wondering if these are adaptable to the springs on my 92' Explorer. Any info would be appreciated.

they have a problem with over extending there is a little tab to stop that but it bends because it is kinda weak btw teraflex does not make them they just sell them and u can get them custom made

Try it I know the springs form the cherokee and Explorer are the same width and I was working with a guy at my local 4x4 shop to get revolvers installed on my explorer but we needed to get drive line measurements because with a 5.5 superlift the drive live would need to be extended. But I'm on a tight budget and I have too save a little to get enough for the revolvers and new driveline. As far as strenght it shouldn't be a problem. Explorers are heavier then cherokees but it shouldn't be a problem. As far as the over extension of revolvers its not a hudge problem it does happen but it not really that big of a problem. Look into it and get us more info if you want. Exentually I'm going to do it but, a rear locker is more important to me right now. RobbieJ

Hello, I’m very interested on get the revolver shackles. I’ve being looking around to get does but it has being impossible to find those for Explorer.
Somebody told me that the shackles for an J**p YJ can fit the Explorer, and I wrote to the people of Wildkatoffroad.com, an this is the answer.

“Arturo,
Bronco II, Explorers, and Rangers all have a spring arrangement called an
"English Eye." Because of the wrapping pattern, the Revolvers will not fit
onto these springs. Therefore, unless you have changed over to a
conventional spring wrap, the Revolvers will not work for you at this time.”

If somebody know anything about, please let me know.

Also, those anybody know the differences between the "English Eye." Wrap an the conventional spring wrap???

Back