Shaving Emblems on a 93 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shaving Emblems on a 93

Mp3SUV

Reaction score
City, State
Rockford, IL (home), Southern IL (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XL 4x4
i have a 2 door 1993 X and was wanting to shave the rear emblems, but i noticed that there are holes behind them. is this going to be an easy thing to fix? i plan on filling the holes (bondo?) and painting over them. is it worth the trouble? has anyone else done this? i looked at the other threads and didnt find much info, looked like a bunch of arguing. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that would work, sounds like alot of work to just get rid of emblems, but it would probably look pretty good

I don't think bondo would work for those kind of holes. You could just poke through it again. I would think you would need some kind of covering to keep them from "falling out".

Will be alot of work to do it correctly. You really need to weld the holes up first and then apply bondo. Have you considered painting your emblems the same color as your Ex'? That's what I did, and it turned out pretty good.

hmm, painting them the same color...wow, thats a good idea! What will it take to paint them since they are chrome?? I am going to try and get a few other options, a few of my friends do body work. thanks for the comments!! :)

The 'redneck' way of getting rid of the holes is simple. Simply epoxy a penny or a nickle or something to the back of the metal, then bondo over the hole. That way the penny will help hold the bondo in place, and you shouldn't have any problems...

I scuff the chrome emblems with some sand paper until I start to see the copper coloring come through. Then just a basic primer and I used Krylon Hi-Gloss Black to spray mine.

Back