• Register Today It's free!

Shocks

dans_x

Reaction score
City, State
Independence, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Ok, I know there are alot of posts about shocks for the Sport Trac. Has anyone put pro comps on their's? The reason I'm asking is I can get a better deal on pro comps than any other. I think I did good compared to some of the post's I read. I got 70k outta my factory and thats towing my deep v boat and hitting some trails pretty hard. Love to hear feedback

I originally ordered Pro Comp ES9000's for my previous 05 Trac. They arrived missing a number of small parts, like bolts and crosspins, which I found is a common complaint. After much pounding and cussing switching mounting hardware I got one front shock on after work. The next day I try the other front, ditto the pounding and cussing, then I find that it doesn't try to expand when I compress it to install it. :wtf:

Call 4 Wheel Parts, who tries to run me some BS that "It's a 50/50 gas shock, they're supposed to do that." :rolleyes: I say "Okay then, the other shock wants to expand. Which one is good and which one is bad? You tell me." Long pause. 4 Wheel Parts dude says, "Uh, just send them back and we'll refund your money."

Drive to Sears (the only place open at night) on three shocks and buy four Sensa Tracs, installed, for about the same as I paid for the Pro Comps.

Hey, you asked. :salute:

I have Rancho rs5000. They are fine, they came with all the parts to install.

Thanks for the info. I was wonderin because when I was talking to a rep on stylinconcepts.com he told me that all the hardware should be there, but they had to resend some additional parts due to it missing. I didn't really pay too much attention to it because I didn't know if it was a "once in awhile" kinda thing or all the time.

Back