• Register Today It's free!

Shocks???

Steve796

Reaction score
City, State
Ridgecrest, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xl
So, this is probably gonna make me sound like some cheapo but I thought I'd ask anyways. I'm planning on doing the F150 Coil Springs and spacers, if needed to get the 2 inches, and F250 shock mount swap and it got me thinking. If I am planning on getting these parts from a local junkyard for pretty much a day of working on cars and beer, I was wondering if there were any shock from another vehicle that would work with enough travel to suit this setup. I know it sounds cheap and I should save the money and get some Rancho's but if I can get them for free, Why not? The same goes for the rear shock with the F150 spring swap. If not, what shock do ya'll reccomend for a decent price?

It has to be either 1.5" lift from the F150 spring seats, or 2.5" from the F150 springs. Not both. It will not align. I did the springs. There are not any OEM shock you can use for the springs. If you do the seats, you can get away with the stockers. But for either I recommend Procomp. There's not much info about using the f150 springs. Only a handful of guys have done it.

here's my thread for the springs. link

Back