single cd to 6 cd player

lisfan

Reaction score
City, State
boston mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer xlt 4.0
hi guys
i have a 2004 ford explorer xlt i would like to change out my single cd radio to the 6cd radio can you help? the cds get stuck in the player and wont eject them, plays fine . the single cd radio has two plugs on the rear. 4L2T-18C815-EA is the radio number. im thinking 1L2F-18C815-AE, ad, ac would fit as this the standard unit not the audiophile/ mach system with three plugs. can anyone conform this or add some imformation please. is this a simple swap out? do i have the corect part number?
thanks ahead of time
best regards
phil

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

please help. does anyone have a standard 6 cd player to sell?

I'd love to sell you either of the ones they have but they are both junk. Mine didn’t work when I bought my car and neither did either of the replacements I tried. If you find one on ebay make sure they have a return policy for non working units. I had no luck finding a replacement for mine so I just went aftermarket.

May i recommend Alpine...

hi
thanks for the great imformation
best regards
phil

i have a chance to get refurbished unit cheap. as far as the sound etc , do the factoy 6 cd unit sound decent?
ill go aftermarket if i have too. i know they sound great. i dont want to attract thieves. the radios come out fairly easy
thanks phil

The Visteon factory units sound fine. If you hike the bass and treble on a factory Ford unit, you can make them sound very nice. You can always upgrade speakers, which is a great way to get some better sound response.

I put a 6-CD in my 2003 Ex and it sounded great. They do sometimes have issues ejecting discs, but mine was fine.

hi joe
thanks for the great imformation? does anyone have one to sell if my deal falls through? thanks phil

I would take a picture of the back of your radio and post a "wanted 6-CD radio/changer to replace this one" in the wanted section. eBay is your friend too, as there are not many floating around here usually...

great idea!
thanks
i hope you and your family enjoy a great xmas
phil

Back