Sirius Radio Modules

jpu535

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
Hi Guys,

I did some searching and couldn't find an answer so I decided to start a new thread.

I have a 2010 Explorer EB that the radio shows a "Sat Fault" when I try to access the satellite radio. I tried the recommended solutions I found in my searches and noting works, including unplugging the satellite radio and waiting. When I do this the radio head no longer sees the satellite as an option on the AUX menus.

I know there is a Ford TSB, 11-3-3, that refers to the problem but the dealer tells me that there are no codes in the computer so it doesn't apply and they keep referring me to Sirius.

The module I have is a 8S4T-18C963-AH. I was looking around for a replacement and find that the "AH" is difficult to find. I find plenty of "AF" and "AG" modules so now I wonder what the difference is. Are they the same? Is the suffix just a firmware upgrade from a previous version or do I need to stick with the "AH"?

Thanks,
Joe

While this may not help you, I had the exact same issue last week with my 2010 EB with a non-Nav radio. I was listening to SIRIUS on Tuesday morning. When I tried to use again on Tuesday afternoon, I got nothing but the SAT FAULT message. Since my warranty expires in 3 weeks, I went straight to the dealer. They checked TSB 11-3-3 but said my Sat module was already at the updated level. They ordered, replaced and reprogrammed the SDARS module which is located behind the right hand kick panel in the passenger foot well. I got my vehicle back in 24 hours with SIRIUS working as it should.

This is probably not a SIRIUS problem. I sure hope these modules don't go out every 3 years!

Back